2009年2月7日星期六

Physical Activity:play badminton


Physical Activity Log

I am playing badminton


My grandmother is playing badminton



My father is playing badminton



Playing badminton is suitable for both the old and the young. It simply requires a small number of participants and it is convenient to find badminton courts. All my family members like playing badminton. During the Spring Festival, I spent 10 hours playing with my family members. We played it at regular badminton court. My father is our coach. He was a leader of a badminton team when he was a youngster. My grandmother, mother and I acted as his students.
At the beginning, my father taught us how to grip the rocket. He asked us to use both the forehand and backhand grips, and be able to switch easily from them. Then he told us how to play singles and doubles in badminton. In singles, each player must cover the entire court. We are expected to make our opponent run all over the court until he is out of position. Father also mentioned that the most important aspect of playing badminton doubles is the coordination with your partner.
After teaching and practicing, father decided to have a match between my mother and me. First he introduced the rules to us simply. When we were in the right position, grandmother whistled and the game began. Since mother had more power than me, she was able to use mostly high and deep serves to aim drop down just before the back line. It is difficult for me to hit because of my delayed of response and slow of running. I decided to give up running when mother used deep serves every time. But my father stopped the game suddenly. Then he told me not to give up easily. He also said if I gave up running, my speed would never be improved. Hearing this, I became aware of what my father said. When the game started again, I tried my best even if it was hard for me to hit the shuttlecock. Finally I lost the game, but I learned a lot from father’s words. Success is failure turned inside out. We need to keep trying. It is often the case that the last key opens the door.
Another day, my father decided to have a doubles game. My mother and I were in the same group while my grandmother and father were in the same group. I remembered in doubles, teamwork is the most important thing. Saying is easier than doing. Both my mother and I knew we need to work together; we still hit each other by rackets. Practice makes perfect. We need to do more practice in order to know each other well in badminton game. In contrast, both my grandmother and father overcame partner’s weaknesses by acquiring partner’s strong points. They cooperated very well. From this game, I learned that when we are team members, in order to do things perfectly, we must learn to love each other by accepting each others’ shortcoming. If l cooperate with others very well, there is no doubt that I can get respect and trust from others and I can also improve my skills.
Playing badminton is very pleasurable, in which the young can play fast to display their vigor while the old can play at ease to keep fit. I get healthier and healthier by playing badminton. I have already joined the badminton club. I played badminton every weekend. As I am not in good condition, I can not keep playing more than one and a half hour. Now I am planning to jog everyday to build up my health.

没有评论: