2009年5月3日星期日

Cooking activitiy

the bread and butter pudding
I am beating together the eggs and milk

I am buttering the bread


On April 11th, I joined GCA cooking activity which was organized by Ms. Bartell. Our group’s teacher is Ms. Beath. She taught us how to make jelly, bread and butter pudding.
First, Ms. Beath asked us to go to Su Guo to buy some materials, such as eggs, slices of bread, raisins, milk and so on. She has already prepared vanilla extract and cinnamon because these two spices are difficult to buy in the regular supermarket. When all the materials were ready, Ms. Beath told us to butter the bread first and then cut the bread into fingers and laid them in the bottom of a big dish which she has already prepared. We also needed to sprinkle in raisins when we laid the bread. Meanwhile, some students beat together eggs and milk. Then they added sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon into the eggs and milk. Finishing stirring, eggs and milk were poured over the bread layers. Next we have to wait for about 1 hour so that the bread soaked up all of the flavors. Finally, we put it into microwave on medium power for 4-5 minutes until it began to set at the edges.
While we were waiting for bread and butter pudding, Ms. Beath taught us how to make jelly. It is quite easy to make jelly. We needed to buy some powders of jelly in the western shop. Then we mixed the powers with hot and cold water. Finally we put it into refrigerator and waited for few hours.
I found this cooking activity was very interesting. I think western food will be more and more popular in china and become an essential part of Chinese food culture in the future.

没有评论: